Saturday, September 12, 2009

Hip-Hop Update!

Ok, so yesterday (September 11, 2009) Jay-Z's new album, "The Blueprint 3" released. I already heard the album in it's entirety before (as it leaked), but I decided to actually buy the album. Using my trusty iTunes gift card (yes, I am cheap haha), I bought the iTunes LP deluxe version of the album.

And it is amazing. The tracks are okay when you first listen to them, but they grow on you and Jay-Z's wordplay is strong as ever. Production credits include Kanye West, No I.D., Timbaland, Swizz Beats, and The Neptunes. I might post a track-by-track review soon, but trust this album is good. It's Jay-Z's message to the future of hip-hop.
The iTunes LP version has many special features, like a whole new interface (with the primary colors being white and red, like the amazing album cover), lyrics for each song, an exclusive 30-minute interview, 2 music videos, Behind-the-scenes footage, and photos. The whole thing is $16.99, and it is pretty worth it. I suggest, if you are a fan of hip-hop, go out and buy this album (or go on iTunes) to support Young Hova.

On another note, KiD CuDi's album "Man on the Moon: End of Day" leaked a few days ago, and this album is also fire. CuDi's flow is a sing-rap style and it is really good. The tracks have amazing production value and it is sure to make its mark.
Listening to it makes me feel all trippy and stuff. Haha

So that's an update from the world of hip-hop.
Sorry I haven't been posting lately, I've been rather busy...
Anyways I got an email with some company asking me to place ads on this site. Do I get some type of commission? I have to find that out.

Now, go to iTunes!

No comments:

Post a Comment