Saturday, March 21, 2009

Miss Keri Baby!

Keri Hilson. Featured in numerous songs by big-name artists (The Way I Are - Timbaland, Superhuman - Chris Brown, Hero - Nas, etc.), this talented singer finally has her debut solo album set to release on March 24. From what I have heard so far, this album is something to look forward to. In my opinion, she's a cross between Rihanna and Beyonce, but a little more pop-ish.
So, here are here singles from her album In a Perfect World... (in order of my preference):

1) "Turnin' Me On" (feat. Lil Wayne) - This one is already hitting the airwaves, and I can tell you, this one is a banger! Keri is superb, and Lil Wayne's auto-tuned voice fits the style of the song. Also check out the remix featuring the one-and-only T-Pain!

Turnin Me On feat Lil Wayne - Keri Hilson

2) "Return the Favor" (feat. Timbaland) - I thought this would be "The Way I Are" Part 2, and it kinda is, but the beat is more upbeat. Although I like the older song, this is almost as catchy, and I can see it become very popular in clubs.

Return the Favor feat. Timbaland - Keri Hilson

3) "Knock You Down" (feat. Kanye West & Ne-Yo) - Obviously, when a track has Kanye, I automatically like it. This song is pretty decent, and Ne-Yo's vocals help the otherwise low-pitched song. Kanye's rhymes are kind of like whining about a girl (again), but at least he's rapping!

Knock You Down feat Kanye West & Ne-Yo - Keri Hilson

4) "Energy" - Interestingly, this is the only single that doesn't have anyone featured, and I liked it the least out of the rest. But it's a good first single, but I have yet to hear it on the radio. This song is more Pop (because it has no Rap elements) and so it is vastly different than the other singles.

Energy - Keri Hilson

Be sure to check out In a Perfect World, releasing March 24!

Now it's time for me to make music...

No comments:

Post a Comment